Unlike some other bags on the market, Onya bags are CERTIFIED compostable to Australian, European, USA & Japanese standards, which means they have been independently assessed to break down to virtually undetectable levels in the soil and are deemed “worm safe” with no micro plastic residues left behind.
As Onya liners are compostable, unlike traditional single use plastic bin liners, it is important they are used ideally within 3-6 months of purchase and kept in a cool dark space, otherwise they may start to break down.
Compostable bin liners need to be treated slightly differently to traditional plastic bin liners as the material they are made from is designed to break down easier than plastic – which is a good thing, however, this may mean that if placing wet waste in your bin liners you need to empty your bin more frequently as if moisture is added, the composting process may begin and could lead to spills or splitting when emptying your bin on a weekly basis.
If possible, wrapping your wet waste in old newspaper first may help increase the life of your bag by preventing moisture from building up.
- Each roll includes 25 compostable bin liners
- 100% GMO free renewable plant based compostable bags
- Palm oil free
- Superior puncture and tear resistance
- Available in 4 sizes (8L 30L 36L and 60L)
- 8L measures 35.5cm long x 41cm wide/14in long x 16in wide
- 30L measures 57cm long x 51cm wide/22in long x 20in wide
- 36L measures 65cm long x 56cm wide/25.5in long x 22in wide
- 60L measures 80cm long x 65cm wide/31in long x 25.5in wide
- 100% Certified Compostable to Australian, US, European and Japanese standards
- Deemed “worm safe” with no micro-plastics residue left behind
- Free from sulphates, petrochemicals, and parabens