Eco-friendly dish washing with the natural fibre ECOMAX Dish Brush. Ethically handmade from coconut fibre, this dish brush won’t become smelly or mouldy with use, and once it has reached the end of its life simply throw it in the compost to biodegrade naturally.
The ECOMAX Dish Brush is a great, long-lasting, sustainable alternative to plastic brushes, it cleans without scratching, is naturally anti-bacterial and doesn’t contain micro plastics.
Plastic free. Biodegradable. Vegan. Fair Trade. Zero Waste.
*ECOMAX Brushes is an Australian owned brand that works in partnership with our producers in Sri Lanka providing training and employment for underprivileged local women. Endorsed as Fair Traders by the Fair Trade Association of Australia, ECOMAX Brushes are guided by the principles of Fair Trade and support our women by providing sustainable employment, a living wage, free in-house creche and a safe and positive working environment.
- Plastic free – means zero microplastic pollution
- Ethically Handmade – supporting women producers in Sri Lanka
- Vegan Certified – no hidden animal products
- Biodegradable – Compost to breakdown naturally
- 100% Natural – made from the outer husk of mature coconuts, a by-product of the coconut industry
- Long-lasting – coconut fibre keeps its shape, strength and scrubability
- Naturally Antibacterial – always smells fresh and mould free
- Non-greasy – fats and oils don’t congeal on the surface, they simply wash off
- Non-Abrasive – Will not scratch surfaces
- Galvanised Wire – so your brush will never rust
- FSC Certified Wood – sustainably sourced plantation timber
- Non-toxic Sealant – preventing mould and discolouration of your timber handle
Perfect for cleaning:
Cleans all surfaces without scratching such as enamelware, stainless steel, cast iron, timber breadboards and non-stick pans. Even delicate surfaces such as natural bench tops.
The bristles easily reach hard to clean places – graters, mesh strainers, thermomix or stove tops.
The handle gives easy reach into tall classes and mugs, tea pots, vases and jars.
The tough fibres are great for scrubbing off baked on food and stubborn stains
Care of brush:
Rinse and place in your dish rack to dry.
End of life:
Once your dish brush has reached the end of its life, throw it in the compost bin to breakdown naturally. No need to remove the wire, the coconut fibres will be eaten by micro-organisms, the timber handle and cotton cord will decompose over time and the remaining wire can be recycled when the compost is spread.
Length: 26cm (Brush Head Length: 8cm)
Please note that as these are a handmade product there may be slight variation in sizing